Jenny had no vacation planned for her summer break. She did not know how she’s gonna spend her summer as all her friends were vacationing. On one such dull days, she was scrolling through her Instagram feed, and she came across something that could eliminate her boredom. It was an amazing website where she could put her clothes up for renting.
This way, she got something to kill time and also earned money without having to go outside. By the end of summer, she made a considerable amount of money with which she bought a few new clothes.
There are many ways you can earn money while staying at home. Internet can do wonders for you, including finding a decent paying work from home job. However, you need to carefully observe and research well to find out genuine and legitimate methods of making money at home.
Below some are the great ways you can earn money from the comfort of your home:
Many freelancing websites like Upwork, Freelancer, etc. are available online. On these sites, you can find millions of works starting from graphic designing, financial statement analysis writing to content writing, software development, etc. You can bid for jobs as per your skills. If you are selected, you can talk to the employer to learn about the work in details. Thus, you can earn money from home only by using your talent and skill.
Quick tips for bidding:
- Ensure the employer is verified before you go for any specific client
- Don’t make your service overpriced or underpriced; keep the price in between
- Do not bid on every project you see
- Check out the details of the other bidders
- Address the buyer’s needs
- Keep patience
- Income– If a writer works at a rate $20/hr and 10hr/week, his/her monthly income will be $6000/month.
Make Money from Business | Money from Home | Online Business Model
2. Start your blog
From Huda Beauty to Huffington Post, many famous brands started their business with blogging. There are many perks of having your own blog. You can use your blog for different purposes like:
- branding purposes
- to expand your reader-base
- to get endorsement deals or influence affiliate sales.
You have to, at first, find your niche. You can consider areas like beauty, cooking, travel, health, etc. However, don’t think you will get success overnight. You need to be very committed to your blog and post regularly.
- Income– $1000/ month
3. Sell the products you don’t use anymore
Another way you can make money from the comfort of your home is by selling items you don’t want anymore. This way, you will clear your room and also earn some money in the process. You have to take good photos of the items and write an appealing description to attract more customers. There are many sites on which you can sell your items:
- eBay- Good for selling fitness gear, garden furniture, speakers, etc.
- Sotheby’s Home- Good for selling jewels, watches, fine art, furniture, etc.
- Decluttr- Good for selling CDs, DVDs, games, etc.
- BookFinder- Good for selling textbooks and used books
- Income– $360 per month
Money Saving Tips | Generate Alternate Income | Make Money from Hobbies
4. Post reviews and take part in surveys
There are many review sites where you can post reviews as well as fill out survey forms to get paid. Some features of this option are:
- You will be asked to check different websites and apps to write a review of them.
- Not just cash, but you can also earn different gift vouchers, free products, etc.
- No survey site will ask you to pay money, so stay away from such scam sites.
Here are some survey websites where you can sign up for free and write down your reviews:
- Survey Junkie
- Inbox Dollars
- Pinecone Research
- Income– $250+/ month
5. Rent your clothes
If you have the habit of buying a lot of clothes but don’t get to wear them often, you can rent them to earn some quick bucks. Many online sites are there where you can put up your clothes for rent. Some of these sites are Loanables, RentNotBuy, etc. You will also get the chance to model your clothes.
However, you should keep in mind that hygiene is very important if you are renting clothes. Make sure every piece of your clothes is clean and properly ironed before you send them out. If the clothes do not fit you anymore, or you don’t want to wear them anymore, you can also sell them online or arrange for a garage sale for the same.
- Income– If a person rents a cloth for $75 and puts up 5 clothes per month, then the monthly income will be $375.
3 Ways to Make Money | 10 Money Making Tips | Make Money Advertising
6. Play games
Earning money can be as simple as playing games online. There are many apps that pay you for playing games. There are various ways you can earn money through these gaming apps.
- You can earn points while playing the games and use the points to get gift cards
- You can also invite friends to play games and earn money
- Some apps also provide scratch cards that you can use to earn rewards
- You can also watch additional ads to win money.
Some apps and websites where you can play games and earn money are:
- Exodus 3000
- Income– $100+/ month
There are several ways you can earn money from home. Some might help you earn just a few bucks, while others can assist you in getting hefty amount each month. Depending on how much effort and time you will put into it, it will be decided how successful you’ll be in your endeavor to make money from home.
William Shell a Writer and Enthusiastic blogger. He is also associated with a reputed company for the past couple of years. Here, he deliver financial accounting assignment help to students on their requests.