Image Credit: www.vat19.com
Nowadays, the water is highly contaminated making it unsafe to drink it immediately. To solve this, there are so many purifiers available in the market which can be in the ranges of some thousands. But have you ever heard that there is a water purifier which can be handy, travel-friendly and can be carried by every individual in his pockets?
Yes, there is a water purifier named Lifestraw Personal Water Purifier which is actually a personal water purifier that can be taken in your pockets to help you filter out water at any time.
This is an amazing pocket friendly water filter that eliminates 99.999% of bacteria and 99.99 % of protozoan parasites that may accumulate in the water.
Let we see the honest review of Lifestraw Personal Water Purifier.
Lifestraw has been manufactured by a Swiss based concern named Vestergrand Frandsen who was working towards the prevention of diseases in most of the developing countries. Their main goal was to develop water borne disease preventer which resulted in the manufacture of Lifestraw devices.
After the successful launch in several countries, this product has been recognized all over the world including USA and Canada.
How it works?
Just suck the water from any pond, river or even water from soggy lands. The water sucked enters into filter which has very small pores less than 0.2 microns. This way the device filters out the deadly bacteria’s, protozoans and provides clean and safe water to drink.
Pros of Lifestraw Filter:
- This is an easy and handy filter that can be tied around the neck of the users. It is so easy to use by just sticking this device to any water sources like river, pond and drink it directly just like using a straw. Thus, this is a very popular device among the travelers.
- It has the capacity to filter out 1000 liters of water.
- It weighs very less which can be less than 60 grams.
- This device surpasses the rigorous standards of water purification called EPA guidelines.
- It is very easy to clean and can be dried quickly by just opening the cap for few minutes.
- It is very handy and does not contain any battery or replaceable parts so that it may not trouble you for replacement at any time.
- It removes bacteria’s such as Escherichia Coli, Campylobacter, vibrio cholerae, shigella and salmonella.
- It has very minute filters that have pores around 0.2 microns.
- It has been awarded as a Best invention of the year 2005 announced by the Times magazine.
- It was introduced in the year 2005 and right from that year it is quite successful in all areas of world.
- Price is affordable and reasonable.
- It is built with high quality plastic that makes this protect resistive to heat and cold areas.
Cons of Lifestraw Filter:
- It filters out only bacteria’s and protozoans but not salt water, viruses and other chemicals.
- Some of the travelers felt it does not practically suit in making cooking water.
- You cannot reserve the water for future use. Every time you need to operate it mechanically to drink the water.
- It is just for only one person and only one person can drink water at one time.
- If you are using for every day purpose, then one Lifestraw personal Water Purifier can last up to only one year.
- However, the taste of the filtered water is not that as “perfectly boiled water”.
- Do not use another person’s Lifestraw filter to prevent any kind of contamination disease.
- Though the official claim of water purification capacity is 1600 liters, it can filter only 1000 liters.
- When the Lifestraw is nearing its end stage, it gives some problem while filtering and sucking the water.
In spite of several minor disadvantages, this product is really helpful during travel time, emergency times especially for military people, wild life photographers and trekkers. The final verdict is positive as expected due to its travel-friendly nature, less expensive and hassle free operation. This will definitely be a great companion for each individual if he is stepping out from his house.