In today’s world, blogging is a fastest growing field where many create their own blogs either for free or a paid one. This is a best platform to expose what you know and can equally gather many more information from the outside world. You can either create free blogs using the sites like Word press and BlogSpot or even paid blogs Such as About.com, Blog burner, etc.
But, however after you create a blog you must follow certain things like uploading valid and unique contents, posting attractive and relevant pictures to bring more traffic to your site.
Thus, the blogging field must be closely watched and noticed to protect it against from any plagiarism (copied content) or theft. This is really necessary for any blog to be successful.
So, shall we see what are the ways to prevent your blog from spamming, theft and plagiarism?
Follow these steps not only to avoid theft and plagiarism but also to improve traffic to your blogs.
So let’s check it one by one:
- Initially know your rights as a blogger. You are the content publisher and you are the sole responsible for every content that you publish on your site. Thus, you must be cautious enough to post valid and unique contents without any plagiarism. Moreover, you are the one to decide where to publish you content, how your content can be used and who else can use it. These rights are called as intellectual property rights.
- The second step is technically protecting your contents from copy pasting. Nowadays, since many have stepped into this blogging field most of them just copy paste other’s content to their own sites which must be really avoided. But how can we avoid this?There are few ways to prevent your content from these plagiarizers. Among that some ways are to disable the copy-paste functionality on your blog or even adding watermarks to your contents. Word press allows you to do this by providing “prevent copy paste” plug-in which doesn’t allow others to copy paste your content and “ no right click images plug-in” adds water marks to your images.
- The third step is to copyright your content. As mentioned above you have full rights on your site and thus you also have a right to state it as a copyrighted content. Although it is not necessary, it is one of the preventative measures to protect your blog from theft. Mention the copyright message on your blog’s footer. If you do this, then none can copy your content from your site without your consent and thus can’t be reproduced.
- The next important step is to enable any alert system that can intimate you whenever your content is copied or modified in the web world.
This can be done by many ways and most important ways among them are:
Enabling or signing up in this service will notify you whenever it finds any matching content of yours in future. Submitting your search query to this Google alert system it continuously notifies you with new results such as news updates, webs, blogs or articles that are match your content.
Many people use this for many purposes like:
- To find out what is being said about their company and products.
- Monitor whether their content is being used anywhere else.
- Keep up-to-date information about the company and also about the competitors.
- Not only about the personal updates but also it makes you to be updated of the world’s current affairs.
To know how to create Google alert then check on this website:
This site helps you to defend your content from plagiarism or theft. The copyscape free service provides with the online copyright protection by allowing you to easily identify plagiarism and instances of content theft. Whereas, the Copyscape premium service provides you with more powerful plagiarism detection and also provides with batch search and checking offline contents.
For more details refer: www.copyscape.com/faqs.php
Thus, using all these techniques you can avoid the plagiarism and content theft as far as possible making your blog to be unique and special.