Modi @ 6 Months:
Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India has poised to complete his Six months very successfully. He is very well known for leading a simple lifestyle which makes him familiar among common people and their problems.
Here we going to see about, What Narendra Modi did for India?
About Narendra Modi:
Narendra Modi holds a master’s degree in Political science. He has only three personal staffs.
He is a workaholic person, a good speaker and can draw most of the audience by his inspirational speech, introvert and a practical dreamer.
Over the past decade when Modi was Chief Minister of Gujarat, the state has made excellent progress in all fronts. Whether it is rehabilitation of earthquake victims or e-Governance implementation, Gujarat excelled well and this became a hot speech in all over India. Narendra Modi achieved the following things like:
- Gujarat is the only state in India which has the infrastructure to provide E-services through computers to 13685 Gram Panchayats which are connected through Gujarat State WideArea Network(GSWAN).
- Modi’s GIFT(Gujarat International Finance Tech-City).
Built on 986 acres the GIFT project is setting a benchmark for the whole world about how can one deliver financial services, technological security, real time operations, multiple activities from same place, etc.
- India’s first 1MW Canal Top Solar Power Project on the Sanand Branch Canal of the Sardar sarover project.
- Gujarat accounts for 15.14% of the total investments in India. Highest among all states in India.
- Gujarat has pursued excellence in several areas and has won over 100 accolades and awards all along the way.
- In Gujarat, 37 lakh hectare new lands had been cultivated in the last decade. Both industry and Agriculture are growing simultaneously.
So, Modi was greatly appreciated for his efforts to develop Gujarat and Right now he is honored as the Prime Minister of India.
To Know More about him, better you can visit his Official Website www.narendramodi.in
His Social Networks:
So let’s see his key achievements by the Narendra Modi in its six months in office:
- Trade talks:
Narendra Modi has 25 million fans on Facebook and eight million followers on Twitter. His frequent Tweets and Facebook posts, handled by his hand-picked OSD’s as well as Press Information Bureau, have lent Modi a persona that no other Indian PM has done so far.
As Predecessor Manmohan Singh was not known for being communicative, Modi’s networking skills are being marked as welcome change. His inspirational speeches add to his charisma.
He has striken deals with the US on flood stockpiling, reviving World Trade Organization Trade talks.
Has allowed Foreign direct investments. Allows FDI in Railways, easing norms in defence and real estate.
- Jan Dhan Yojana:
It is a new scheme launched in India under which every Indian family will be enrolled in a bank for opening a zero balance account. This scheme not only offers a bank account to the Poor families but also so many other profits through this scheme. This scheme is made as a first step to promote the economic equality in the country.
Benefits of this scheme for the common people
- Each family will have a bank account opened in the countries best banks free of cost and quite easily. This will help them find a better and safe place to save their earnings easily.
- With a new bank account each family will be getting a RuPay debit card that can be used to withdraw money from the account.
- If the person keeps the bank account active and saves some money then the account holder will be given an overdraft limit of Rs.5000 that can withdraw from the account.
- Swachh Bharat:
Swachh Bharat Abiyan was announced by Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on Indian Independence day and launched on Oct 2 2014, Gandhi Jayanthi.
It is a national level campaign by the Government of India covering all towns, cities to clean streets, roads and the infrastructure of the country. This campaign aims to accomplish the vision of “Clean India” by 2 October 2019.
Modi is the first PM to take up the cause of cleanliness with such conviction and vigour.
- Make in India:
While successive governments have acknowledged the need to raise the share of manufacturing in GDP, there has been a mismatch between policies and rhetoric.
Make in India is an International Marketing campaigning slogan coined by the Prime Minister of India. This scheme is mainly to attract business from all over the world to invest and manufacture in India.
“Make in India” is not a fantasy, it is not something that will happen in next few years, It is happening right now, right around , as we come to know about this.
- Death of Planning Commission :
The death of Planning Commission, announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi from the ramparts of red fort, is probably the biggest symbolic break from the Nehruvian Socialist Era.
By announcing the replacement of the planning commission with a new institution is not only signaling the end of Nehruvian planning once and for all but is also hoping to win kudos from the states.
- Digital India:
This programme aims at providing digital infrastructure as a utility to every citizen as well as high speed internet as a core utility in all gram panchayats. The overall aim of this program is to “Prepare India for Knowledge Future”.
Though it will be early to determine the achievements of new Prime Minister, it is to be seen if Modi is able to steer the government in his unique style for the entire term.