You may be wondering, what is the need for turning off your android smart phone remotely?
But actually this is very important when you lose your phone outside in your office, or any outdoor when you realize switching off your phone is more important. Switching off your phone from a remote distance can prevent anyone misusing your phone.
For this an app called “Remote Turn off” should be installed in the android device to remotely turn off your phone. But before doing it check whether your phone is rooted or not.
What is Phone Rooting?
It actually means gaining full access to your android’s file system and controlling it as a super user. In other words, like any other operating system, Android operating system has also several features disabled either for future use or to prevent the casual user from causing permanent damage to the OS. Rooting is the process in which the limitations are removed and full-access is allowed. Once your phone is rooted, the device is more accessible and you can have control over many settings. It can also be said as getting to the root of the operating system and to have the ability to make the global changes.
- Can run many special applications
- Freeing up the memory space
- Custom ROM which helps in customizing your own phone
But it also equally has its own disadvantages such as less speed and performance, risks of viruses. But however, to install some special programs it becomes necessary to root your phone.
In order to check whether your phone is already rooted or not, you can download “Root checker” app from the Google Play store. If your phone is not already rooted, better seek the help of technicians while rooting up your phone.
Also Read: SAR Value of Your Cell Phone
How to turn off your phone from a remote distance?
- To do this, install the app called “Remote Turn Off” as already mentioned in the beginning. Download that app to your computer. Once downloaded, connect your phone to your computer using the original USB and place zip file of the app to your device.
- Now disconnect the device from the computer and switch off your phone to make it enter into the recovery mode.
- Now in the recovery mode, select the option of “install zip from sd card” to select the zip package of Remote Turn off app.
- After the package gets flashed, you will need to select “go back” and then select the option of “Reboot the system now” for rebooting the device.
- Now you need to open the app. Set the code which you need for turning off the android device remotely and just make a note of that code. You can also refer the help section to know more about this app.
Now to turn off the phone, users must text the phone number “power#off” with the first run requiring a permanent grant to root access by the app. Now the phone can be shut down with the text message from any phone number, however the shut down code cannot be changed. Just make a note of the shutdown code and be cautious that it must not fall into the wrong person’s hands.
Also, there is another app with remote wipe capability. This capability helps to wipe off or remove the device’s data from a remote distance. That’s why nowadays most of the smart phone’s come with the GPS facility that can help you to a great extent in finding the phone when you have lost it. An app called Android Lost allows you to find and wipe off the data of your remotely and also lets you to set a password and lock the sim card slot.
Similarly, another app named Agastya, a new Android app that allows you to remotely perform various tasks on your phone from any phone via simple SMS command. The phone which can be used to send that SMS need not be running Android OS or having any specialized facilities like GPS. It is enough even if the phone has the basic facilities like Nokia 1100.
The work flow is also quite easy which ask you to send the SMS command from your friend’s phone to your own phone in a given format and the app reacts accordingly. This app also helps to turn on your ringtone from the remote distance if your phone is put in silence.
Recommended: Reliable Work From Home Jobs