If we consider some of the best affiliate marketing programs, the Amazon Associates Program is quite the one. Amazon is one of the largest E-commerce websites and being an Amazon affiliate can definitely help your business grow. But many content creators are still confused about how to begin with it. So, here is an article on how to become an Amazon Affiliate through the Amazon Associates Program.
Let us begin with the basics…
What is Affiliate Marketing?
For many of us who don’t know, affiliate marketing is an online marketing process in which a person (known as an affiliate marketer or affiliate) promotes the products or services of someone else (known as a retailer or advertiser etc). The affiliate marketer can use any online platform to promote those products or services and when someone makes a purchase, the affiliate would get a commission in return.
So, if you want to become an affiliate marketer, you must first have a platform through which you will market your products. Then, you can choose the right products from verified sellers and earn some money.
What is the Amazon Affiliate Program?
Amazon’s Affiliate Marketing Program is known as ‘Amazon Associates’. Once you sign up for the affiliate program, you become an Amazon Associate. With this program, content creators, publishers, and blog owners can monetise their traffic. As an associate, you can use the link building tools and promote any of the millions of products available on Amazon.
Three-Step Process of Amazon Associate Program
- Sign Up: First you need to sign up with the associated program using your Amazon account. You will have to fill up an application for the Amazon affiliate marketing program team and they will review the same to see whether you meet the qualifying criteria for the Amazon Associates program.
- Recommend: If you are qualified for the program, you can start recommending Amazon products to your audience. Amazon provides customized linking tools for large publishers, individual bloggers and social media influencers.
- Earn Money: You can earn up to a commission of 10% if you can make a sale. The affiliate fees vary depending on the products that you choose to market.
Anyone who has a qualifying website or mobile application can participate in this program and become an amazon associate. If you do not have that, but you have a huge following on social media platforms, Amazon has a separate Influencer Program that you can join.
Why is the Amazon Affiliate Program worth joining?
Well, the first reason could be that extra cash would not hurt your business. Moreover, affiliate marketing with Amazon is super easy if you have your own website, mobile app or social media following. But, besides the monetary reasons, here are a few reasons why Amazon Affiliate Program is a good option for you:
- It is easy to execute: you do not have to worry about hard things like production, inventory, customer support and so on. All you need to do is promote a product that your audience might be interested in and you can earn good money.
- You can scale up: There is no restriction on how many products you can promote. You may choose new products every month and build campaigns for as many products as you like.
A few tips to succeed as an Amazon Affiliate…
Now that you have understood the basics of affiliate marketing and how the Amazon Associates program works, here are a few tips on how you can succeed in this field.
- Make sure you have an audience: The more traffic you have on your website, the better your chances are to succeed in affiliate marketing. So make sure you are creating quality content, engaging your audience, and being consistent in your field.
- You must know your audience: You should know what kind of products your audience would like and then choose the products accordingly from Amazon.
For example, if you are running a beauty blog, you might introduce new organic products to your audience. But if you will think of selling them gym products, not all would be interested. So know your audience and pick your products.
- Build trust: Affiliate marketing works upon trust. So if you are selling a product make sure it is something that you would want to use yourself. You must believe in that product. This is because, if you are trying to sell something that is not worth it for your audience you might lose their trust and hence they might not visit your website at all.
Hope this article will help you get started with the Amazon Associates Program and you will turn into a successful affiliate marketer. You must read all the terms and conditions of the program carefully along with the qualifying criteria. Last, but not least, do not expect any results without hard work. Affiliate marketing might sound easiest of all but it still requires effort, commitment and consistency.
Author’s bio – Emma Jackson is specialist in content writing, blogging and exploring new topics. Emma is also a part contributor of GoAssignmentHelp that provides academic writing help. She loves to write topics like marketing, education and assignment services and knows every bit about blogging and other tools that boost marketing.